Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Year Blog Reflection

It's been a really long time since the beginning of sixth grade. In fact, it's been half a year since we started Middle School. From the many skills I've learned since school started, I will pick the new skill of being able to write in different types of writing. So far, I've learned how to write memoirs, autobiographies, personal narratives, essays, discussions...you get the point. I've also learned to write certain types of writing the way it's supposed to be written. For example, I've learned that a discussion should be written somewhat seriously, as if it is very important. (Thank you Mr. Sheflin!) Also, from Mrs. Reiser, (and Mrs. Mac) I've learned how to write personal narratives and how you have to put your whole feeling and soul into it. Whatever the type of writing, I'll be ready for it!



Number two for this reflection is to 'Explain how you handled a challenge these past 5 months.' I've always liked a good challenge (not too hard, though) and it's fun to accomplish it (eventually!). To accomplish a challenge, I always persevere and by that, I mean working on it with the spirit, vigour, and zeal that is in all of us. I sometimes go by this saying: 'If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again.' It's a lovely saying, which inspires us to go on, and don't give up, no matter what happens. And if you really can't go on, think about the joy and happiness and how ecstatic you will feel when you are done. It's really fantastic!



This year, I want to learn how to be able to learn how to speak French fluently. It would be such a wonderful achievement if I succeeded! This would help me a lot when I grow up and start traveling around the world. It would be wonderful to visit France and speak in French. I would always remember the many steps and days used in learning...and remember that I learned the language in ISKL! Also, if my whole family went to France, I could be the translator! To me, that's kind of cool.


I guess everyone contributed positively towards the 6th grade community so far this year. I'd like to give one example of how I demonstrated kindness, which is one of the Middle School Core Values. At the start of the year, a friend of mine couldn't open her P.E. locker. She asked me to open it, I gladly unlocked the lock for her, and we arrived at the class within five minutes. (Plus, I considerately forgot her lock code! I forget all locker combinations, excepting mine, anyway.) There were many more incidents concerning lockers, and when asked, I happily opened them. As I have said, I forget the codes anyway.

Everyone usually sets new goals for the New Year. I'M setting goals for the New Year and the next 6 months of school. (It was actually part of the reflection!) One goal I am definitely having for the New Year is to be able to make it to the ISAKL Track and Field meet this year. To get to the ISAKL, I will try not to miss any P.E. classes, not miss any Track and Field practices, and have lots of exercise. I will exercise by jogging or biking daily at Lake Gardens. By the time the meet comes, boy, will I be fit! Now, my goal for the next 6 months. I really want to keep my grades higher than a B+, so I will have to work hard to achieve this goal. To achieve this goal, I will have to be at the standard the teacher expects of me. I will have to work hard, finish my homework and hand in projects or assignments on time. On top of that, I have to keep in a good humor!

Well, I guess that's it. I do hope you enjoyed reading my reflection. Hope you liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment